Apple Valley is looking for a head girls basketball coach.
We are in search of a coach that can move our Girl’s Basketball program forward.
Apple Valley High School invites applications for the position of Head Girl’s Basketball Coach. Apple Valley Athletics’ primary mission is to develop and maintain a top-quality High School athletics program that is committed to providing a positive and fulfilling academic and athletic experience for all student-athletes, with full consideration given to their physical, emotional and social well-being.
- Provide leadership for the Apple Valley High School Girl’s Basketball Team.
- Develop relationships with all student-athletes to better develop life skills in all members of the program.
- Organization and implementation of team practices.
- Work cooperatively with Fitness Center Staff to develop strength and conditioning programs for in-season training and out-of-season training.
- Open and appropriate communication with parents.
- Open communication with Athletics Director.
- Student-athlete development and program promotion.
- Instruction of student-athletes in fundamentals and techniques.
- Program support for student-athletes focused on academic progress and commitment to athletic improvement.
- Management of program budget.
- Preferred experience as a Head or Assistant High School Coach.
- Desire to support academic success among student athletes
- Proven technical and instructional expertise in Basketball.
- Proven skills in leading team sports including working successfully with student-athletes, parents, and school administration.
- Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide positive leadership and productive partnerships with parents, the community and Valley Athletic Association.
- Proven skills in developing effective and differentiated practice plans.
- Proven successful ability in working with and developing a coaching staff.
- Understanding of adolescent development and an ability to communicate effectively with and support student-athletes.
- Desire to participate in continuing coaching education and hold current coaching licensure or certification.
For further information about this position contact Virgil Jones, Apple Valley Athletic Director via email at Virgil.Jones@district196.org or 952-431-8205. Interested applicants should also complete an application at http://www.district196.org/District/Employment/index.cfm.